Since 1996, owner and founder of Dawson Dental Centres, Dr. Edward Gelfand has had a special passion for cosmetic dentistry. He combines a scientific diagnosis of your smile with his precise artistic skill, which, results is a dazzling, Hollywood smile! He is a graduate of the University of Toronto, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, the world renowned Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dentistry and the Misch International Implant Institute.
Dr. Gelfand has invested in extensive training and is a leading dentist in the fields of aesthetic dentistry, including: Invisalign®, neuromuscular dentistry, TMJ therapy and full mouth implant reconstruction. With his expertise, he has gained the confidence of many high-profile celebrities including Danny Glover, various radio and television show hosts, models across Canada, Miss Canada International and more.
When Invisalign® invisible braces were introduced in 2000, he was one of the first providers to offer this service. Dr. Gelfand recommends teeth straightening to his patients to enhance esthetics, and also to improve bite conditions, which improve oral health and teeth longevity. After completing over 500 cases since then, he provides the opportunity for more people to be Invisalign® candidates for simple, moderate and complex cases.
Dr. Gelfand has dedicated his career to enhancing people’s lives both esthetically and functionally by implementing the continuing education and training he has received.
“I believe that a person’s smile impacts their self esteem and confidence. It inspires me to know that I play a role in transforming not only a person’s smile, but more importantly, their life.” Dr. Edward Gelfand, B.Sc., D.M.D. – Official Dentist for Miss Canada International
Dr. Gelfand and Dr. William Dorfman, the cosmetic dentist from ABC’s hit TV show “Extreme Makeover”. Dr. Gelfand practiced together with Dr. Dorfman in L.A., California, where many of Hollywood’s stars have come for their smile makeovers.
Dr. Gelfand has also completed over 1,000 hours of additional training courses after attending dental school including subjects such as:
- Cosmetic Dentistry and Smile Design
- Neuromuscular dentistry
- TMJ and migraine therapy
- Sleep Apnea and snoring
- Orthodontics – fixed, removable and Invisalign therapy
- Dental Implants, sinus and bone augmentation
In the News… Read Articles & View TV Interviews featuring Dr. Edward Gelfand
Dr. Gelfand is often called upon for his dental advice from the media and has made the following televised appearances:
- Wellness hour – esthetic dentistry
- Global news – teeth whitening and bleachorexia
- National Post – zoom teeth whitening
- Rogers – Invisalign, oral cancer detection and dental implants
- eTalk Daily – on Snap on Smile
- Undercover Boss Canada smile disguise segment
Past and Present Memberships
- Dawson Community Care Program
- Smile makeovers for those in need
- Women’s shelter – free dentistry days
- Orphanage and abused kids dentistry
- Big Brother & Big Sister Foundations
- Children’s Wish Foundation
- Rose of Sharon Foundation for Young Mothers
- Local soccer and hockey teams