Five Reasons You Should Only Whiten Your Teeth At the Dentist
Who doesn’t want white teeth? Whether you have a big event coming up or just feel it’s time to reverse all of the staining you’ve caused over the years, there is a good chance you’ve tried a whitening product.
Most will try the whitening toothpaste or strips that are advertised on TV, some will opt for trays and others will seek professional whitening from their dentist. Which ever way you choose, you are guaranteed to have whiter teeth, right? Well, it really depends on whether you are looking for a temporary or long lasting result.
Here are the top five reasons you should go to your dentist for teeth whitening and not buy into the over the counter whitening products:
- You will see only a maximum difference of four shades because of the lower level of peroxide. Only the dentist can offer the strongest dosage of peroxide, which will result in teeth up to 8 shades whiter.
- It could take up to one month to see any results, compared to only one hour whitening at the dentist which will give you immediate results.
- Whitening toothpaste only removes surface stains… At the Dental office your teeth will get deeper whitening of enamel resulting in a longer lasting dazzling smile.
- If you are using over the counter whitening trays, not every pre-sized tray will give you the correct fit. Some may fit and cover all your teeth while others may not. The Dentist makes custom trays to perfectly fit your teeth.
- At our dental offices, when you keep your regular hygiene maintenance visits, you can receive free professional whitening at every visit. All you have to do is pay a one time setup fee of $49.00. That price alone is less than you would pay for a package of over the counter Whitening Strips or Trays.
Check out our Whitening Comparison Guide and judge for yourself.