If you’re facing a dental appointment in the coming weeks, it’s completely natural to feel…
- Provide a hearty meal on Halloween night so your kids are less likely to over indulge on candy later on.
- Eliminate the soft, sticky treats that get stuck between teeth and sit in their mouth for too long. Chocolate treats are better because they melt faster and dissolve quickly.
- After Halloween offer one candy each night for dessert. During your meal, your saliva production increases and it will help neutralize acidity produced by bacteria and rinse away food particles.
- Drinking tap water after you eat candy will help with prevention and provides fluoride which is not commonly found in bottled water. Sugary beverages such as pop, sports drinks or flavoured water can increase your risk of tooth decay.
If you want to start a new healthier tradition at Halloween, here are some new ideas for this year’s ghosts and goblins at your door:
- Toys – bubbles, plastic jewelry or glow sticks
- Play Doh (sample size)
- Sugarless candy or gum
- String cheese
- Halloween themed pencils or erasers
- Temporary tattoos
- Vampire teeth
- Toothbrushes and floss
- Granola bars
- Juice boxes
- Bagged pretzels
- Colouring book and crayons
Enjoy a spooky evening with your family!