5 Foods That Clean Your Teeth Naturally
To maintain the health of your teeth, you need to follow a comprehensive oral health care regimen. As part of this process, there are multiple foods you can eat that will help keep your teeth healthy. Within this latest post, our Barrie dental care centre team explores four of the foods that work best to keep your teeth clean.
- CheeseA recent study by the American Academy of General Dentistry reported that eating cheese can raise the pH level in your mouth and thereby lower the risk of tooth decay in the long-term. This means that, in moderation, cheese can help maintain your oral health.
- Leafy GreensLeafy greens, such as kale, are full of the vitamins and minerals you need in your day-to-day life. Greens also high in calcium, which helps to build the enamel on your teeth and safeguard your oral health for years to come.
- FruitsSweet foods generally contain sugar that may lead to tooth decay, but there are some sweet foods that actually benefit your oral health. Fruits are high in fiber and water and are immensely beneficial for your overall oral health. They also help produce saliva within the mouth, which can help wash away bacteria and food particles, and neutralize the acid.
- Almonds An effective source of calcium and protein, almonds can help keep your teeth and gums healthy and strong. A great advantage of almonds is that they can be eaten at any time and added to any meal for that health-boosting impact that works to safeguard your dental hygiene.
- CeleryCelery can help remove bacteria and food particles from the teeth, helping to keep your teeth and gums healthy. This vegetable is also a great source of vitamins A and C, which can help to give your teeth and gums a boost in fighting against infection.
By learning more about which foods work to protect your teeth and gums against infection and bacteria, you can make more effective choices on your next visit to the grocery store. Our trusted team is here to help you choose the right foods for your oral health. To discuss the subject with a qualified professional, call our dental care centre team today.