The goal of AODA is to develop mandatory, province-wide standards to achieve or improve accessibility to people with disabilities. The purpose of this policy is to outline the responsibilities of employees who deal with clients or other third parties on behalf of our company in providing services to people with disabilities.
Dawson Dental, on behalf of itself, and group of practices (collectively, “Dawson Dental”, “we” or “our”) strives at all times to provide its services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other clients.
Dawson Dental is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities. This commitment is demonstrated in the areas of:
1. Communication: We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We train our employees who communicate with clients on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
2. Telephone services: We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our clients. We train our employees to communicate with clients over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly.
3. Assistive devices: We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our services. Our employees are familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by clients with disabilities while accessing our services.
4. Billing: We are committed to providing accessible invoices to all our clients. Invoices will be provided in alternative format upon request. We will answer any questions clients may have about the content of the invoice in person, by telephone or email.
5. Use of service animals and support persons: We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will also ensure that all employees and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
6. We are also committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Dawson Dental offices with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
7. Notice of temporary disruption: Dawson Dental will provide clients with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Dawson Dental will train all employees and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will include the following:
1.The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the client service standard;
2.How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
3.How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
4.How to learn about the use of various assistive devices;
5.What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Dawson Dental services; and
6.Employees will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and/or procedures.
The ultimate goal of Dawson Dental is to meet and surpass client expectations while serving clients with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated using any of the following methods:
Director, Talent and Development 416-558-8338 x228
Dental Corporation of Canada
Director, Talent and Development
21 St Clair Ave East Suite 1420
Toronto, ON M4T1L9