Dental Implants can stop the aging process and restore the facial structure, prevent the movement of surrounding teeth and give you back your chewing power.
5 consequences of not replacing missing teeth:
- Drifting of adjacent teeth: when there is a missing gap, opposing teeth may over-erupt adjacent teeth drift into the empty spaces resulting in food trapping and possible decay
- Difficulty chewing: missing teeth cause issues in chewing that could possibly result in indigestion
- Poor appearance and bone loss: loss of youthful and facial structure due to bone resorption
- Loss of lip support
- Poor speech: difficulty in speaking specially if front teeth are missing
How do I know if I am a candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an ideal option for people of all ages in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to an accident, gum disease or injury. Some chronic diseases, heavy smoking or alcohol abuse may warrant special consideration.
Let our Dawson Dentists assess your needs. Dawson has dentists and specialists across Ontario that are trained, ready, and able to help you with this process. Our dedicated team will work with you to develop a plan that suits your needs and guarantees the best possible outcome for your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Renewed ability to chew and speak properly
- Restoration of facial aesthetics
- Preservation of remaining jawbone structure
- Recovery of the natural appearance and function of teeth
- Increased confidence
- In most cases, you do not need to remove and clean an appliance
Why Choose Dawson for Your Dental Implants?
- Faster treatment and healing time
- Reduced need for bone grafting
- FREE in-office consultation
- Full 5-Year Guarantee
- Return up to 20% come tax time
- Flexible payment options and plans
- Natural-looking results
What Can I Expect from My Dental Implant Procedure?
The typical dental implant procedure includes:
- First procedure: The dentist makes an incision in the gums where the implant will attach. Next, he/she drills a hole in the bone for the implant to rest before sewing up the incision. As the jawbone heals, it grows around the implant. This helps secure the replacement tooth. Typically, the healing process ranges from three to six months.
- Second procedure: Once the jaw is healed and the implant is firmly in place, the dentist makes a new incision. From there, the abutment is placed on top of the implant to help the surrounding gum tissue heal and secure your new replacement tooth.
The dentist also takes impressions of your teeth to create a tooth that matches your bite. Lastly, the replacement tooth (crown) is attached to the abutment.
In some cases, you may undergo a one-stage procedure where the dentist places the implant, abutment, and crown in one sitting.
The good news is that dental implants don’t require any preparation to your neighboring healthy teeth. To reduce discomfort, you’ll receive local anesthesia during the procedure.
It’s important to take good care of your new dental implants following the procedure. Treat them the same way you treat your natural teeth. That includes brushing, flossing and visiting the dentist every 6 months for a teeth cleaning and checkup.
Our team of Dawson dentists believes that communication is essential to quality dental care. We strive to create a trusting and comfortable environment in which our patients can freely express their concerns. We will only begin with your dental implant procedure after a comprehensive examination where you will be informed of all your options. Patients are encouraged to take an active part in their treatment choices. As always, we tailor our services to your specific needs and requirements.
Cost of Dental Implants
The prices Dawson offers our patients are based on the Ontario Dental Association Fee Guide. This is a standardized fee guide that is distributed to dental offices across the province.
We have also partnered with the financing company PayBright to ensure our patients are able to get immediate treatment through flexible and affordable payment plans.
At Dawson, we offer no-interest financing options to fit any budget. Also, keep in mind that you may be eligible to return 20% on your investment come tax time using Canada Revenue Agency’s medical expense tax credit. Our dental financing is fast, simple and has a high approval. There is no down payment required and no collateral. We offer competitive interest rates and you can pay off your penalty at any time.
Book Your Free Consultation
We invite you to book a complimentary consultation so we can better understand your dental concerns, discuss the available treatment options and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you!