If you’re facing a dental appointment in the coming weeks, it’s completely natural to feel…
The vast majority of people don’t use mouthwash on a regular basis. But while washing out your mouth with water in the morning and evening can be beneficial, washing with mouthwash has numerous benefits for your overall oral health. Within this latest post, we’ll take a look at how to make the most of your mouthwash use.
Use Mouthwash as Part of Your Daily Regimen
One mistake many make in using their mouth wash is assuming they could use the product to replace another element within their daily cleaning regimen. Only by using mouthwash alongside your brushing and your flossing products can you achieve your ideal level of oral health.
Learn Mouthwash Ingredients
By understanding more about the ingredients within mouthwash products, you can ensure you achieve full value for your investment in terms of both time and money. Let’s look at some of the more common ingredients within popular mouthwash products.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is used to help you reduce cavities and tooth decay, and can help strengthen teeth over time.
- Antimicrobials: Antimicrobials work to kill the bacteria that causes bad breath, plaque, and gingivitis. They can help to prevent gum disease when used carefully with quality mouthwash products.
- Whiteners: Some products contain whiteners such as peroxide. These products help to keep your teeth in optimal aesthetic condition and can help to guard against tooth staining over the long-term.
- Astringent Salt: Many newer mouthwash products now contain astringent salt, which can help to cover up bad breath.
Effective Mouthwash Techniques
To get the most value from your mouthwash product, you should also know how to master the techniques for using it as part of your daily oral health care regimen. The following techniques will ensure that you’re getting the best results with mouthwash.
- Swish for at least 30 seconds: When using mouthwash you should try to swish for between 30 to 60 seconds. Anything less than 30 seconds is not enough time for the ingredients to work.
- Be Patient: Many become frustrated when they find they aren’t getting results in the first month of using their mouthwash. It’s important to be patient. Results could take up to two or three months to become noticeable.
- Read the Label: For some mouthwashes, the user has to wait 30 minutes or so before drinking or eating to improve its effectiveness. Read the label and make sure you’re following each of the manufacturer’s instructions to the letter.
Our trusted team is here to help guide you in ensuring optimal oral health for the future! To learn more on how to use mouthwash effectively, speak with our experts today!