Pediatric dentistry is dentistry for children. From birth to adolesence pediatric dentists maintain oral health…
While we’re on the phone with new patients, we commonly hear remarks like:
- I hate dentists
- I have a fear of the dentist
- I am scared to go to the dentist
- I have been too embarrassed to go to the dentist
- I have been to the dentist in years
- I am a big chicken
- I have a dental phobia or I am dentist phobic
- I’m looking for a dentist for scared people
- I have dental anxiety
- I am looking for painless dentistry
- I’m looking for a gentle dentist
- Can you knock me out?
If you think you are alone, you most certainly are not. These are comments that we hear on a daily basis and we can help! Dentistry today provides four different options for people who are afraid of the dentist:
- Nitrous oxide sedation (commonly known as laughing gas)
- Oral conscious sedation
- Intravenous sedation (iv sedation)
- General anesthesia
While laughing gas provides light sedation, oral conscious sedation and iv sedation are both deeper and provide a sleep-like state, but their administered differently. Conscious sedation dentistry is sometimes referred to as twilight sleep. General anesthesia is commonly known as dentistry asleep which entails complete sedation. Download our free sedation dentistry information guide for complete details and comparisons.
If you’re looking for the sedation dentistry cost, simply request a free consultation with us and we will give you an estimate.