What to Look for in a Dentist in Aurora
Whether you’ve recently moved or have lived in Aurora for years, finding a new dentist you can put your faith in can be a challenge. However, it’s still important to make sure you are making an informed decision, as settling for the wrong dentist can significantly impact your oral health.
It can be difficult to know if you are making the right choice when looking for a dental clinic in Aurora. Thankfully, there are a number of factors you can consider when making your decision.
Top 5 Things to Look Out for When Choosing a Dentist in Aurora
1. Patient Reviews and Recommendations
One of the best ways to decide whether or not a dentist is a good fit for you is to check out their recommendations and reviews. When you are new in a bustling community like Aurora, you will most likely want to seek out recommendations and reviews from those in the community.
A good dental clinic satisfies every checklist, including patient experience, office atmosphere, and quality of care. Most importantly, a professional dentist is someone who can make you feel valued as a patient.
2. Experience and Credentials
Experience and credentials are great indicators of the level of expertise you should expect from your dentist.
When visiting a new dentist, ensure you ask about their years of experience, how long they have been in practice, and the dental team they are registered with. Experience is usually the most important factor that equips a dentist with the right skills. In addition, make note of the tools and technology used to be sure it suits your preferences.
3. Insurance Coverage Options
Prompt and efficient oral care is often a barrier that protects you from further health conditions, and the ability to pay for treatment is essential.
Dental plans are often integrated into larger health plans, varying by program and insurance company. Make sure to verify the details of your insurance plan to confirm if you are covered for the dental healthcare you need, and check your coverage limits, as most dental insurance policies only cover preventive care, such as general cleanings and simple procedures.
4. Ranges of Dental Services
To get the best patient experience, it’s important to make sure that the clinic you’ve chosen provides the services you need. Some of the most common dental services provided in Aurora include:
- Dental Crowns: When cavity areas appear too big or have a decayed tooth that needs to be fixed, a dentist uses a mould to craft an adequately fitted tooth that will match the decayed area.
- Tooth Extractions: Extractions involve the removal of teeth to prevent pain or decay. A professional dentist knows how to make their clients feel comfortable during and after the difficult extraction process.
- Veneers: This process is done to correct common tooth problems such as crooked and discoloured teeth. Your dentist places a thin covering over the first section of your teeth to fix them – this method can be used for teeth whitening, but is mainly done for corrective purposes.
- Root Canal: A root canal is used to restore and repair teeth that are badly decayed. To avoid continuous extractions of teeth, root canal therapy is done to save the gum
- Teeth Cleaning: Regular teeth cleaning is recommended to ensure you sustain healthy teeth and gums.
- Dentures: In the event of the loss of most or all of your teeth, a set of dentures is worn to replace missing teeth. Most dentures are comfortable, and look natural.
5. Family Dental Care
Your dental care needs change when you introduce children into your life. By selecting a dental practice that welcomes patients of all ages, you are guaranteed dental healthcare that can adapt to your family, however it grows. Many children are also scared of visiting the dentist, and a family dentist who has built a good relationship with them over time makes it easier for your children to get the treatment they need.
Relying on a family dentist will also mean that they will be aware of your dental and medical records, and will inform you of regular updates for your family, helping you eliminate the hassle of visiting multiple dental practitioners that you haven’t yet visited.
At Dawson Dental in Aurora, we understand the importance of finding a dentist that finally works for you, and can listen to your needs with compassion and professionalism. Reach out to a member of our team today to speak to a dentist you can be sure to trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Way to Find a Good Dentist in Aurora?
There are several factors to consider when finding the right dentist for you in Aurora, including, but not limited to: evaluating their online presence, considering the cost of their procedures and their insurance policies, assessing their ease of access and scheduling, and more.
What Are Essential Qualities of a Good Dentist?
The qualities of a good dentist can vary drastically across different practices, however, a few of these qualities include:
- Being comfortable with personal interactions,
- Showing consistency with follow-ups,
- Appearing trustworthy and approachable, and
- Paying attention to the details of your individual care.