When it comes to seeing the dentist, 45% of patients claim to be severely scared…
Schedule an appointment with your dentist after the Covid-19 lockdownMay 29, 2020
Dentist’s offices have been allowed to reopen by the Ontario Health Minister. The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario will be advising dentists when they can open from and the precautions that must be taken to protect staff and patients from coronavirus transmission.
We thank everyone for their patience during the lockdown. Dawson Dental will begin scheduling regular appointments shortly. Our team will get in touch with you to reschedule your appointment. If you do not hear from us, please call us.
During this time select Dawson Dental clinics will continue to provide emergency dental care. We are observing physical distancing guidelines and enhanced sanitization protocol to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Precautions we are taking
- Enhanced patient protection measures: All our team members have upgraded their protective personal protective equipment (PPE) for all appointments.
- Virtual waiting room: We have set up virtual “waiting room” for our patients to check-in via call or text message and wait, if necessary, somewhere safe outside the clinic, such as in a car.
- Patient pre-screening: We pre-screen patients in advance over the phone for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors to ensure our office stays COVID-free. We also screen our team members. A second patient screening will be done upon entry into the clinic and your temperature will be taken using a digital thermometer.
- We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. In the case of a minor, one parent or guardian may escort their child. Be aware both will be subject to the full check-in protocol.
- Sanitation stations: Before accessing our office, you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- Face masks: If you’re able to wear a mask to your appointment, please do so. Otherwise, we will provide you with one upon entry into the clinic.
- Physical distancing: 2 meters’ physical distancing will be practiced at all times, except as necessary for the provision of care.